Student Loan Rate at 6% (APR – 6.16%)
We’re here to CU through your education
Borrowing money to finance your education or training is an everyday part of life. Fortunately your Credit Union makes it easy.
With the cost of 3rd level education constantly on the rise our student loan rate helps students and families with the financial stress of education.
We provide loans at a competitive rate of interest that offer flexible repayments designed to suit your budget. At 6% you’ll find our rates better than most.
Student Loans are Available to Cover:
- College fees.
- Everyday expenses e.g. rent, food or travel expenses.
- Bridging loan for student awaiting payment of grant.
- Purchase of tools by an apprentice.
Proof that the loan will be used for the intended purpose must be provided to the satisfaction of the credit union.
Terms and Conditions for Student Loans
- To avail of the student loan rate you will be required to provide proof of attending college (a letter from the college).
- A Guarantor may be necessary, preferably by a parent or guardian.
- The loan must be in the student’s name, if a student is not a member of the Credit Union, they can join and make a loan application on the same day.
Benefits of a Credit Union Loan
- Interest is calculated on the reducing loan balance. This means smaller interest repayments as you repay your loan.
- No administration fees or hidden charges.
- There are no penalties if you decide to pay off your loan early.
- Free Loan Protection Insurance(T & C Apply).
- Repayments can be tailored to suit your particular circumstances.
- Easy application process and speedy decisions.