Whether you’re looking to borrow to help with your household expenses or for a larger purchase, we have the right personal loan to suit you
At St. Brigid’s Credit Union we offer a personal, flexible loan service at a competitive rate of interest.
We encourage you to manage your money carefully by structuring loans around your needs and your ability to repay.
Members of St. Brigid’s Credit Union who are of full age (i.e. 18 years) may apply for a loan for a provident or productive purpose. All loans are provided from the pooling together of members savings.
Benefits of a Credit Union Loan
- Interest is calculated on the reducing loan balance (This means smaller interest repayments as you repay your loan).
- Free Loan Protection Insurance(T & C Apply)
- No administration fees or hidden charges.
- You don’t need to clear your existing loan to qualify for another; we simply top up your existing loan and calculate the repayments based on the two combined.
- Repayments can be tailored to suit your particular circumstances
- Easy application process and speedy decisions
An interest rebate of 12.5% was returned to members on interest paid on loans from 1st October 2020 to 30th September 2021.
Please note that any interest outstanding must be cleared before a top-up loan can be drawn down.
What steps should a member who finds themselves in difficulty with their loan repayments take?
Should any borrower find themselves in difficulty due to some unforeseen circumstances they should immediately contact a member of staff or the credit control officer. Arrangements can be made to avoid the account going into arrears and protect a members’ good credit record. This is very important as arrears on an existing loan can cause problems if a member applies for further loans. Members in difficulty will be treated sympathetically but the onus rests with the member to make early contact with the credit union.